October 1, 2020
Apple just released the second iOS 14.2 public beta (build number 18B5061e) for iPhone today, Wednesday, Sept. 30. The update adds emoji from Emoji 13.0 to iOS for the first time, including smiling face with tear, seal, ninja, anatomical heart, among many others from the collection.
There are a lot of emoji in the Emoji 13.0 update. According to Emojipedia, there are 117 new items in total, with additions in every emoji category. You can see for yourself below:
- Smiley’s & People: Smiling Face with Tear, Disguised Face, Pinched Fingers, Anatomical Heart, Lungs, Ninja, Man in Tuxedo, Woman in Tuxedo, Man with Veil, Woman with Veil, Woman Feeding Baby, Man Feeding Baby, Person Feeding Baby, Mx Claus, People Hugging, Sewing Needle, Knot, Thong Sandal, Military Helmet.
- Animals & Nature: Black Cat, Bison, Mammoth, Beaver, Polar Bear, Dodo, Feather, Seal, Beetle, Cockroach, Fly, Worm, Potted Plant, Rock.
- Food & Drink: Blueberries, Olive, Bell Pepper, Flatbread, Tamale, Fondue, Teapot, Bubble Tea.
- Activity: Roller Skate, Accordion, Long Drum, Boomerang.
- Travel & Places: Pickup Truck, Hut.
- Objects: Magic Wand, Piñata, Nesting Dolls, Coin, Carpentry Saw, Screwdriver, Hook, Ladder, Mirror, Window, Plunger, Mouse Trap, Bucket, Toothbrush, Headstone, Placard.
- Symbols: Elevator, Transgender Symbol.
- Flags: Transgender Flag.
This update also appears to confirm a longstanding rumor that the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will not come with wired headphones, a first in iPhone history. In all previous versions of iOS, Apple makes an allusion to “supplied headphones” in text regarding reducing exposure to RF energy. With 14.2, however, the company removed the word “supplied” from the statement.
This update comes one day after Apple released 14.2 dev beta 2, six days after Apple released iOS 14.0.1, nine days after 14.2 public beta 1, and 13 days after 14.2 dev beta 1.
How to Install the Most Recent Beta on Your iPhone
To update your iPhone to iOS 14.2 public beta 2, sign up through Apple’s beta site, download and install the configuration profile, then update over the air. If you already have the profile, go to Settings –> General –> Software Update to begin the installation of the latest beta build, or you can wait until it installs automatically if “Automatic Updates” is enabled.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions.
Buy Now (80% off) >
Cover image by Jake Peterson/Gadget Hacks
October 27, 2020October 27, 2020October 27, 2020