REVIEW – As I continue to be interested in finding good performing earbuds that have a similar design to the Apple Airpods, I now have the opportunity to test and review the Choetech Bluetooth 5.0 TWS in-Ear Earbuds that are also similar in features. Let’s see how they measure up.
What is it?
The Choetech Bluetooth 5.0 TWS In-Ear Earbuds are designed for use with both iOS Android. The features include USB-C Quick Charging and touch controls.
What’s in the box
1 x Choetech Bluetooth 5.0 TWS in-Ear Earbuds with Charging Case
1 x USB-C Charging Cable
3 x EarTips S/M/L
1 x User Guide
1 x Brand Card
Design and features
- Outstanding Sound Quality: Choetech wireless earphone features an advanced chip with SBC & AAC audio codecs and a premium 10mm Dynamic Driver, which can deliver more powerful audio, but still maintain clarity even at max volume. The built-in high-quality mic also brings voice and video calls to a new level
- One-Step Pairing: Choetech TWS headphones will automatically connect to the last paired device once you open the charging case. More convenient than most earbuds on the market that require you not only to open the case but to take out one earbud as well. If you have 2 or more devices. To make sure of the best experience, please delete BH-T01 from the Bluetooth list of the last devices, then connect BH-T01 to the other.
- Touch Control & Ergonomic Design: Choetech wireless headphones are equipped with advanced Touch Control technology, it provides a more comfortable and accurate operation compared to the physical button and other touch control earbuds. And ergonomically designed with gel-flexible snug-fit silicone ear caps to ensure a comfortable fit. Comes with three replaceable silicone tips (S/M/L)
- Type C Quick Charging Case: Takes only 2hrs to fully charge the case, 1.5h for the wireless earbuds. Last 4-5H (at 70% Volume) with just one charge. Can recharge the Bluetooth earbuds 3 times. You can charge the case separately when wearing the earbuds. You can also use one earbud at a time and let the other rest. So basically it can work non-stop in a sense. USB-C fast charging cable included
- Bluetooth 5.0 & Sports Earphone: Choetech TWS Earbuds equipped with the most advanced Bluetooth 5.0 technology, provide more stable, fast-speed efficient connections. IPX5 Waterproof, perfect for workouts, outdoors, travel, and more. Offer you the most secure and comfortable user experience. Compatible with iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Pro Max/12 Mini/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Xs Max/Xs/Xr/SE/8/8+, Note 20/20 Ultra/10/10+/S20/S20+/S20 Ultra, Google, LG, other Smartphones, Tablets, Bluetooth enabled devices
Bluetooth Version: 5.0
Audio Coding Technology: SBC, AAC
Charging Time for Charging Case: 2h
Music Playtime: 4-5h (About 70% volume)
Standby Time Including the Charging Case: 300h
Earbuds Battery: Li-Polymer 3.7V/40mAh
Speaker Size: 10mm
Frequency Range: 20Hz-20KHz
Transmission Range: About 10m (33ft)
Charging Case Interface: USB-C
Earbud Charging Time: 1.5h
Talk Time: 3.5h
Waterproof Level: IPX5
Charging Case Battery: Li-Polymer Battery 3.7V/400mAh
Sensitivity: 96 +/- 3dB
Impedance: 32 Ω
On the front of the charging case, there is the LED status indicator and on the bottom, there is the USB-C charging port. The earbuds resemble the Apple Airpods design with the mic and controls on the long shaft. Much like the Apple Airpods, these earbuds sit straight down in the case to be stored and charged.
The Choetech Bluetooth 5.0 TWS In-Ear Earbuds are like most others in terms of requirements and function. I started by charging them fully, and when I removed them from the case, they automatically entered pairing mode and provided voice confirmation once connected.
Case LED Indicator
- On/Off: White Light for 10s
- Low Battery: White light flashing
- Charging: Red light flashing
- Fully Charged: Red Light
Earbud LED Indicator
- On/Off: White Light for 1s
- Low Battery: Red light flashing
- Connected: White Light for 5s
- Connecting: Red & White Light flashing
The following chart provides the operating details of the earbuds:
When listening to music, these earbuds perform well albeit I do find them lacking in respect to bass. Having said that, the frequencies are well balanced and the maximum volume is more than adequate while never overwhelming.
I listened to a few of my favorite genres including Contemporary Jazz, Easy Listening, The Classics, Gospel, and it is has been a pleasant/acceptable experience, with no really discernable distortion in any frequency range.
I am pleasantly surprised with the call quality which is quite good for both parties on regular phone calls.
These earbuds do fit quite comfortably in my ears and I have not experienced any fatigue after wearing them for an extended period. With a couple of taps, you can activate Siri, Google, and Cortina.
What I like
- The sleek design
- The decent build quality
- The call quality
What I’d change
- Better bass audio reproduction
As I continue to use Apple Airpods as the reference standard for earbuds with a similar design and with comparable features, I still find that it is hard for other earbuds to compete either within or outside of the Apple ecosystem. While I do not believe that Apple Airpods reign supreme, they do a relatively good job in just about every category. These Choetech earbuds do a decent job handling audio with phone calls, and despite the lacking bass, are quite ok for listening to music as well. IMHO, for the price, they are a good buy.
Price: $29.98 Amazon; $35.99 Choetech
Where to buy: Amazon, Choetech website
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Choetech
Support The Gadgeteer:
We may earn a small affiliate commission from purchases made from buying through links on our site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.