Wizards of the Coast are taking Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition out of the dungeon and into the parlour room with Candlekeep Mysteries, a new book full of one-shot mystery adventures.
In stores and on digital platforms March 16, this new supplement is a resource for Dungeon Masters containing seventeen ready to play, mystery-themed adventures. Each is designed as a standalone experience, or could be inserted into larger campaigns for a change of pace. This new tome follows in the footsteps of Tales From the Yawning Portal or Dungeon Delve from Fourth Edition, as handy resources of readymade adventures for new players or DMs in a rush.
A loose framework connects the sessions to the famous Candlekeep library in Forgotten Realms, the popular D&D setting. New monsters and magic items will be littered throughout, as well as potential story hooks to continue beyond the mystery or connect to larger campaigns.
Candlekeep Mysteries is written by not only Wizards of the Coast’s staff, but by various creators from the D&D community, including:
- Graeme Barber (@POCGamer)
- Kelly Lynne D’Angelo (@kellylynnedang)
- Alison Huang (@Drazillion)
- Mark Hulmes (@sherlock_hulmes)
- Jennifer Kretchmer (@dreamwisp)
- Daniel Kwan (@danielhkwan)
- Adam Lee (@adamofadventure)
- Ari Levitch (@AriLevitch)
- Sarah Madsen (@UnfetteredMuse)
- Christopher Perkins (@ChrisPerkinsDnD)
- Michael Polkinghorn (@MiketheGoalie)
- Taymoor Rehman (@DarkestCrows)
- Derek Ruiz (@ElvenTower)
- Kienna Shaw (@kiennas)
- Brandes Stoddard (@BrandesStoddard)
- Amy Vorpahl (@vorpahlsword)
- Toni Winslow-Brill (@vorgryth)
“I got my start in the gaming industry by writing short D&D adventures,” said D&D Principal Story Designer Chris Perkins. “I’m grateful to be able to work on a product that gives other authors the same opportunity. The adventures in this anthology reflect the incredible creativity of the D&D community.”
Candlekeep Mysteries is on sale everywhere March 16 with standard cover art by Clint Cearley. As usual, a special alternate cover will be available at game stores with art by Simen Meyer. Both editions retail for $49.99 USD.