Xiaomi’s presence in India has been a revelation. The Chinese manufacturer has been the top smartphone brand in India for almost two years. It has always used its Redmi brand to penetrate the Indian market. However, it appears that it wants to do something special with the Mi brand in India. In November, Xiaomi launched three Redmi Note 9 phones in the Chinese market. One of the top models in this series is the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G. On January 5 next year, this phone will enter the Indian as Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G market.
Xiaomi India started to preview the phone on Twitter, and also set up a page on its official website, mentioning the 108-megapixel main camera, high refresh rate screen, and the “latest” chipset, which refers to the Snapdragon 750G. In addition, the side of the device was also seen, revealing the SIM card tray on the left and the curved back. These are consistent with the design of the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G comes with a 6.67-inch IPS LCD screen, 120Hz refresh rate, Samsung 1/1.52-inch ISOCELL HM2 108MP main sensor, 4820mAh battery, and 33W fast charge.
Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 570 CPUs) Snapdragon 750G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with 1/1.52″ Samsung HM2 sensor with 7P lens, 0.7μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 165.38×76.8×9.0mm; Weight:215g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4820mAh (Typical) / 4720mAh (Minimum) battery with 33W fast charging
It’s common for Xiaomi to release the same device with different names in different regions. However, we can not tell for sure that the Xiaomi Mi 10i will be a rebrand of the Redmi Note 9 Pro (Chinese version). If there will be any changes, there is no information on that for now.