This story was originally published 2020/12/13
8:34am PSTon Dec 13, 2020 and last updated 2020/12/17
10:21am PSTon Dec 17, 2020.
Like it or hate it, 2020 has been quite a year, and that’s especially true when it comes to smartphones. Prices have risen, but we live in a new golden age of smartphones — they’re almost all pretty good, and we’re all enjoying experiments in new and unique designs. It doesn’t shock us to hear so many of our readers have strong opinions regarding this year’s models, but now it’s time for you to make your voice heard and select our Android Police Readers’ Choice Smartphone of the Year.
As we did last year, we have selected the top-voted options from last week’s nomination process, pulling in a few surprises that many of you felt strongly about in the process. In total, we collected twelve of the top phones our readers promoted, and you can select among them using whatever criteria you prefer.
Voting for the 2020 Android Police Readers’ Choice Smartphone of the Year will be open until midnight (PT) on Friday, December 18th, giving you a little time to deliberate on the options, in case it’s a tough call — I know it was for me helping to select our upcoming editors’ choice award. The winner of our readers’ choice award will be announced Saturday, December 19th.
There’s just one day left to vote for your phone of the year in our Readers’ Choice awards, and it’s still a close race, with only a few hundred votes separating the current winner from 2nd place. If you’ve been thinking your choice over, now’s the time to get that vote in.
What is your 2020 phone of the year?
- Google Pixel 5 (21%, 3,454 Votes)
- Google Pixel 4a (19%, 3,077 Votes)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (13%, 2,143 Votes)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (12%, 1,971 Votes)
- OnePlus 8 Pro (7%, 1,195 Votes)
- Google Pixel 4a 5G (7%, 1,192 Votes)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 (6%, 1,026 Votes)
- OnePlus 8T (4%, 717 Votes)
- Sony Xperia 5 II (4%, 634 Votes)
- Sony Xperia 1 II (3%, 413 Votes)
- ASUS ZenFone 7 Pro (2%, 333 Votes)
- OnePlus Nord (2%, 281 Votes)
Total Voters: 16,436