After the official release of the iPhone 12 series, the first set of reviews were excellent. However, as users continue to get these smartphones, it appears that all is not that excellent afterall. There have been several reports of issues regarding the iPhone 12 series. Initially, we had reports of disappearing signals on the iPhone but the company has since provided a solution. Subsequently, there were reports of missing messages and message notification on the iPhone 12. As of yesterday, there were multiple reports of the iPhone 12 screen turning green. This is preceded by complaints of a “yellow screen”. The Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Mini only commenced sales a few days ago and there are already complaints.
For the iPhone 12 Mini, there seem to be problems with the lock screen touch sensitivity. However, for the iPhone 12 Pro Max, the reports are that the multi-port adapter does not work properly. According to reports, when using a multi-port adapter to charge the iPhone 12 Pro Max, if you plug and unplug other devices that are charging at the same time, the iPhone will stop charging.
In this regard, digital blogger @肥威 said that his own test confirms that this problem does exist. The report claims that as long as you redistribute the power, the iPhone 12 series will disconnect. Although the user reports are specifically for the iPhone 12 Pro Max, it seems to affect the entire series.
To solve this problem, you can only try to use a separate charging head for iPhone 12. If you have to use a multi-port charger, you should also pay attention to plugging in and unplugging other devices and then plugging in and unplugging the iPhone 12 again. Fortunately, some charger manufacturers have stated that they are aware of this problem and new products will tackle it. However, nothing can be done about pre-existing devices.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max specifications
- iPhone 12 Pro- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 12 Pro Max -6.7-inch (2778×1284 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- 128GB,256GB and 512GB storage options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- iPhone 12 Pro- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture with 4x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 10x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- iPhone 12 Pro Max – 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, 1.7μm pixel size, Sensor-shift optical image stabilisation, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.2 aperture with 2.5x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out, 5x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 12x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- iPhone 12 Pro dimensions: 146.7 ×71.5×7.4mm; Weight: 187grams
- iPhone 12 Pro Max dimensions: 160.8 ×78.1×7.4mm; Weight: 226grams
- Stereo speakers
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours (iPhone 12 Pro) / 20 hours (iPhone 12 Pro Max) of video playback