The Stasis element takes center stage in Destiny 2: Beyond Light. While you’re doing a few quests, you’ll be able to boost the subclass’ capabilities by way of new aspects, grenades, and fragments. Regarding Stasis fragments, these are additional quests that you can obtain from the Exo Stranger. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: For more information, check out our Destiny 2: Beyond Light guides and features hub.
Destiny 2: Beyond Light – Stasis fragment quests and effects
You’re going to have to complete Destiny 2: Beyond Light‘s campaign just to start getting Stasis fragment quests. Not only that, but you’ll have to finish at least “Born in Darkness – Part 2,” a quest chain involving the Exo Stranger.
Once you’ve done that, she’ll offer you a selection of Stasis fragment quests. You’ll be able to choose two fragment quests each week.
In my case, I picked the Gambit-focused and Vanguard-focused fragment quests. The reason I ignored the Crucible is that, as mentioned in our official review, Stasis is an absolute nightmare in PvP. Sure, it’s nice to freeze your opponents. But, if you’re on the receiving end, it’s going to be very frustrating.
Gambit-focused Stasis fragment quest
Name: Umbral Schemes
- 20x Umbral Particles collected – You can sometimes get these when you bank motes. It doesn’t matter if you’re banking five or 20 because you only get one Umbral Particle anyway. As such, is better to get five, bank, and pray that you get at least one each time.
- 60x melee or grenade final blows – Try to obtain a second or third grenade from the Born in Darkness quest. The first Stasis grenade which creates an ice wall doesn’t really help you out much. Likewise, make sure you’re using an exotic that grants an extra charge or faster recharge rate of your grenade or melee.
- 40x slowed combatants defeated – If you’ve obtained your first Stasis aspect, your shatter kills (and those of your teammates) should trigger more freezing effects in an area.
Strike-focused Stasis fragment quest
Name: Umbral Infiltration
- 90x super final blows
- 80x shatter damage final blows
- 35x Stasis melee ability final blows
For these fragments, don’t bother queueing via Destiny 2: Beyond Light‘s Vanguard playlist. Instead, follow the tip from YouTuber Dead Zpikes: you should start The Corrupted strike and head to the Blind Well.
Since you’re technically in a strike, you’ll still get these tallies completed. Plus, having those Harmony orbs ensures that you’re quickly charging your energy. Just make sure the blueberries are aware of what you’re doing so they help you out as well. Alternatively, look for a fireteam on Discord or the Destiny 2 app.
Anyway, after completing a quest, you’ll get a Memory Fragment. Return to the Exo Stranger to exchange it for an actual boost to your Stasis subclass.
Here are the ones that are available:
- Whisper of Hedrons – Gain bonus weapon damage after freezing a target with Stasis; -10 strength.
- Whisper of Fissures – Increases the damage and burst radius of Stasis when you destroy a Stasis crystal or defeat a frozen target.
- Whisper of Refraction – Defeating a slowed or frozen enemy provides class ability energy.
- Whisper of Durance – Increases the duration of slow effects and those with lingering effects also last longer; +10 strength.
- Whisper of Bonds – Defeating frozen targets with weapons grants super energy; -10 Intellect; -10 Discipline.
- Whisper of Shards – Shattering a Stasis crystal boosts your grenade recharge rate; shatter additional crystals to increase the duration of the effect; +10 resilence.
Destiny 2: Beyond Light is available via Steam. For more information, check out our guides and features hub.