Some common questions among homeowners looking to buy Induction cooktops are:
What is the difference between a range, stove, and cooktop?
When talking about kitchen appliances, cooking range and stove are used interchangeably. A cooking range is a one-piece unit that includes a cooktop area with zones that cook using gas, electricity or induction.
How does induction stove or induction cooktop work?
Induction cooking uses electromagnetic energy to heat pots and pans directly. In comparison, gas and electric cooktops heat indirectly, using a burner or heating element, and passing radiant energy onto your food.
Which utensils can be used on induction cooktop?
Rule of thumb is that if a magnet sticks to it, that pan can be used on induction. Cast iron and stainless steel can be used; aluminum and pure copper cannot. The type of utensils themselves don’t matter it’s the types of pots and pans that do
The induction cooktop is showing steady growth in popularity. This is primarily because people have become more health-conscious today, and they are also much more environmentally aware. In fact with the fast-paced life that people lead has resulted in a paucity of time. The induction cooktop, with its fast cooking technique, is proved to be a bonus.
Top 5 Induction Cooktops in India
There are several companies that have started manufacturing induction cooktops. However, not all of them are good. The top 5 brands and models of induction cooktops which give good value for money are:
Which induction cooktop is best?
Phillips HD4928/01 Viva Collection Induction Cooktop
This is genuinely an excellent product because of the superlative features that it has like:
- Electromagnetic technology for induction which facilitates a higher degree of efficiency in heating
- Cooking is faster thereby resulting in the prevention of the loss of nutrients and vitamins
- Has an inbuilt timer which can be used to set any time up to 3 hrs
- Programmed for use in cooking Indian food
- Has an efficient touch panel
- It is eco-friendly
Cons of Phillips HD4928/01 Viva Collection Induction Cooktop
- This 2100 watt induction cooktop consumes a lot of electricity and
- Control panel needs to be understood and mastered which is time-taking
Prestige Pic 20 Induction Cooktop
Coming from a well-known brand, this induction cooktop is not only elegantly designed; it hosts to a lot of exciting features like:
- Cooking takes place faster due to the use of electromagnetic technology
- Is compatible with a wide variety of flat-bottomed utensils
- Cooking controls are very easy to understand and can be quickly mastered
- Comes with an inbuilt power saver technology and thermostat function
- The presence of the automatic regulator for voltage surges helps protect the appliance from sudden surges of electricity
- Easy to maintain
- Has the ability to switch off by itself when not used for a prolonged period of time
Cons of Prestige Pic 20 Induction Cooktop
- Cooking is time-consuming since it is only of 1200 watts
- The lead wire is pretty short which reduces its flexibility
Bajaj Majesty ICX 7 Induction Cooktop
Coming from a trustworthy electronic brand this induction cooktop helps reduce cooking load with the help of the following features:
- Has 8 pre-set menus for easy cooking
- Spillover of boiling milk does not occur
- Compatible with utensils made of both cast iron and stainless steel
- Can be used to prepare a variety of snacks and foods
- Power button also acts as the temperature indicator
- Automatically shuts off if there is no vessel detected on its cooking surface for a 1minute
- Has a delay start option to enable the user to collect all the ingredients
- Is extremely energy efficient
Cons of Bajaj Majesty ICX 7 Induction Cooktop
- Not very user-friendly in use
- Not very durable since it has a plastic body
Usha Cook Joy 3616 Induction Cooktop
This consumer durable brand is famous for making appliances based on convenience. This induction cooktop is thus an excellent aid to cooking for small families, students, bachelors etc., because of features like:
- Portability, time and fuel efficiency
- Overheating is prevented with the help of an inbuilt automatic power-saving mode
- Pan sensor enables it to get switched off when no utensils are detected
- Comes with 5 pre-set menus along with a host of manual controls
- Built-in metal code varistor protects it from voltage fluctuations
- Has anti-skid feet to protect it from sliding and falling
- Is compatible with almost all different kind of utensils used in the kitchen
Cons of Usha Cook Joy 3616 Induction Cooktop
- The fan used for cooling the induction cooker after use makes a lot of noise
- It has a plastic body and is thus not very durable
Phillips Hd4938/01 Viva Collection Induction Cooktop
This is another state of the art induction cooktop from the stable of a well-known electronics brand. This induction cooktop is a great addition to the kitchen since it is host to features like:
- Easy to use immediately after it is plugged to the electrical socket
- Sensor touch keys are very elegantly designed and also help control the induction cooking better
- 10 preset menus which enable cooking different Indian recipes an easy job
- Delayed cooking timer can be preset even for 24hours
- Very sleek looking with its high-quality and shiny glass panel
- Device is eco-friendly
Cons of Phillips Hd4938/01 Viva Collection Induction Cooktop
- The requirement of 2100watts for its functioning means that it consumes very high electricity and
- It is not compatible with all types of utensils that are generally used in the kitchen.
With the pros and cons given for the top 5 brands of induction cooktops, it becomes easier to select the one which will be the most appropriate and useful to one’s needs.