Some common questions among homemakers looking to Food Processors in India:
What do food processors do?
A food processor is a versatile kitchen appliance that can quickly and easily chop, slice, shred, grind, and puree almost any food.
What’s the difference between food processor and blender?
A blender is typically better for liquids and is used to create things like smoothies, while a food processor is for more labor-intensive tasks, such as mixing dough or chop, slice, shred, grind vegetables.
How do I use a food processor?
Refer to the instruction in the product manual. In general, Select the blade you wish to use and put it into the food processor. Close the lid and the bowl onto the processor, enabling the machine to operate. Use the plastic pusher to help move the food if needed.
The food processor is another very important and useful electrical gadget for the Indian kitchen. It serves a host of purposes, thereby making it easy to prepare delicious food in the kitchen. But with so many food processors of different brands and models available in the market, it might be very difficult to choose one. To make it easy for the consumer, given below is a list of the top 5 food processors that are available in India based on customer reviews of the product.
Top 5 Best Food Processors in India
Inalsa Fiesta White/Grey Food Processor
This is the complete kitchen aid available today since it is capable of a lot of the daily kitchen functions. Features which make it the best selling food processor today are:
- Has a centrifugal juicer
- Has four segmented cutters which enable mixing, slicing, peeling and cutting of vegetables
- Additionally includes a kneader, chopper and egg whisk
- Has a power consumption of 650 watts
- Operating voltage of this food processor is 220 to 240 volts
- Comes with a 5-year warranty on the processor motor
- Extremely good looking product which also provides value for the money invested
Some disadvantages of this product are:
- The product has an average built
- It does not have a citrus juice assemble
Phillips Food Processor HR 7627
This very sophisticated, sleek and compact looking food processor from the stable of the electronics manufacturing giant, Phillips, packs quite a punch. Its in-built features include:
Small-sized and thus takes up less space
- Made of good quality and durable plastic
- Blades are also made of excellent quality
- Efficient and high-performing gadget
- High end safety
Safety features are built into it which prevent the food processor from getting damaged as well as accidents from occurring by switching it off immediately of the lid is not properly closed or there is spillage
However, there are two major disadvantages associated with this food processor. They are:
- There is no disc which can be used for shredding
- The nozzle tends to get clogged at times
Phillips HL 1661/00 Food Processor
This is a state of the art food processor which is host to a lot of features and thus understands the kitchen needs perfectly and makes it easy for the user to cook all favorite recipes within a short span of time. The features which make it so capable are:
- Presence of many different blades for different kitchen functions like blending, juice-making, slicing etc.
- Motor present is very powerful and efficient
- Also has a very effective safety-lock feature which is unique to all Phillips food processors,
- Easy to clean since it is not made of plastic
- Total power consumption is of 700 watts
While it is one of the most stylish looking and best-selling food processor today, there are two major disadvantages of this product. They are:
- It lacks a shredding disc
- The nozzle has a tendency of clogging
Morphy Richards DLX Icon Food Processor
Attractive with a stylish built; this food processor can only be termed as an all-rounder in the kitchen. The innovations that have been added to its features make it a unique combination of aesthetics and functionality. Features present in this food processor which make so effective in the kitchen are:
- It is a 1000watt food processor and hence saves time by doing things very fast
- The presence of cutting specific stainless steel blades enables it to be compatible with certain cutting procedures
- Some blades are extra long to enable efficiency in cutting
- Child-lock features protect kids from incurring accidents
- Very durable inbuilt and is thus known for its longevity
- Grinding and dough kneading can be done very efficiently
Disadvantages which are associated with this product are:
- It comes without a shredding disc
- It can also be quite noisy at times
Phillips Daily Collection Mini Food Processor Black HR7629/00
Another great product from Phillips, this mini food processor is a great combination of good looks and quality output. Features which make it one of the best-sellers are:
- Comes with a unique Powerchop technology which helps it to complete a job in the least time possible
- Stainless steel blades are made extra sharp
- Comes complete with a citrus juice mount
- Motor is very powerful
- Comprises of many different fittings or accessories which fulfill a variety of purposes
Disadvantages associated with this product are:
- Disc blades present are less in number
- There is a complete absence of chutney jars
With the tops models of food processors mentioned above, it will become easier for a buyer to opt for one which will be most conducive to his needs thereby ensuring value for money in the process.