THE future’s bright as bold colour is back and bigger than ever.
To really pack a punch, think fresh, clashing shades.
Follow in the fashion footsteps of Victoria Beckham and pair together unlikely hues.
Pinks and blues, purples and oranges, red and yellows – there is no end to which shades you can wear together.
Here, Abby McHale shows you how to make a statement by forgetting the rulebook and going colour crazy.
- Green skirt, £35 from Topshop – buy now
- Yellow jumper, £29 from Topshop – buy now
TIP: Rich colours such as mustard and forest green are a great option if you don’t want to go all out with the brighter shades.
- Brown suit jacket, £140, and trousers, £89, from Topshop – buy now
- Jumper, £28 from Nasty Gal – buy now
TIP: Taking runway inspiration this season is about the suit with contrasting jumper. Add oomph to a two-piece with a bright knit.
- Yellow blouse, £29.99 from Reserved – buy now
- Red skirt, £35 from River Island – buy now
TIP: Tick two trend boxes in one by clashing colours and textures. Soft silks and hard vinyl make a catwalk-worthy look.
- Green dress, £59.99 from Mango – buy now
- Purple puffer, £99.99 from Mango – buy now
TIP: Lilac and green should always be seen. They are opposites on the colour wheel making them a perfect pairing.
- Pink dress, £145 from Ghost – buy now
- Blue coat, £89 from M&S – buy now
- Shoes, £59.99 from Zara – buy now
ALL A SHUTTER
Shoppers are raving about Wilko’s £4 blinds that can fit ANY window size
Katie Piper shares harrowing photo of acid attack injuries for first time
Rich Kids, Skint Holiday teen cries as she’s forced to sleep in a tent
Doomed Grand Designs mansion leaves couple £4m in debt & their marriage over
I quit my job to raise girl with Down’s Syndrome but payout mum makes my blood boil
TIP: This sugary shade of pink against cobalt blue creates a dramatic look with minimum effort.
- Orange silk top, £29.50 from M&S – buy now
- Purple trousers, £29.99 from Zara – buy now
- Shoes, £49.99 from Zara – buy now
TIP: An office outfit doesn’t have to be dull. Add a bright silk shirt with a pair of fitted trousers for the ultimate power look.
- Hair and make-up by Bella Jones using Less Is More and Lime Crime from boots.com