Go mad for this gorgeously grotesque hand-drawn tale primarily based
on the function of H.P. Lovecraft
The planet is lost to ancient horrors from planes beyond. Journey from the lost town of Arkham as a single of eight tragically fated character Archetypes, deep into an abyss of terror in Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones, a cosmic horror CRPG, readily available now for Computer on Steam for $29.99 USD (24.99 EUR). Iä! Iä! Discount fhtagn! The Old Ones have granted their worshipers on Steam a 15% discount for launch week!
Drawing straight from the operates of H.P. Lovecraft, Stygian is a turn-primarily based RPG set in a broken and mysterious planet. Like classic CRPG titles, Stygian offers an open-ended narrative to unearth as characters cope with the warped reality of a planet fallen to chaos.
Develop a character primarily based on a single of eight distinctive archetypes pulled from the pages of 1920s pulp fiction, each and every with special attributes, abilities, and beliefs that present defenses (and weaknesses) against impending thoughts-rending terror.
Featuring strategic, turn-primarily based combat, players will face fanatic cultists, inhuman monstrosities, and cosmic horrors so [REDACTED FOR PUBLIC SAFETY] that leave the weak-willed gibbering. Balance physical attacks with highly effective eldritch spells that have dire consequences on one’s sanity even though fending off the unnatural.
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones is out now on Steam. Uncover out a lot more about Stygian and the group behind the game on the Stygian site, Twitter, and Facebook.
- A hand drawn 2D planet reflecting Lovecraft’s themes of cosmic horror and dread.
- Enemies, environments and storylines inspired by Lovecraft’s iconic original operates. Take component in quests inspired by Lovecraft’s most beloved stories and see them play out according to your personal choices and part-playing style.
- Select from eight principal character Archetypes, each and every with its personal backgrounds and specialties.
- A host of weird companions to accompany you on your ill-starred journey: the lonely, antediluvian ‘Outsider’, a fallen soldier of the Excellent War reanimated by Herbert West. Recruit these and other outlandish beings to your crew.
- Your character’s Sanity and mental state influences their readily available dialogue solutions, supplying each positive aspects and hindrances. At times it pays to be mad in a planet gone mad!
- Stygian’s Belief Program determines how your characters cope with the warped reality of the new Arkham, as effectively as the price at which they regenerate lost Sanity. Belief Systems also supply special dialogue solutions, expanding the breadth of part-playing possibilities.
- A new sort of spell program which often requires a lot more than it offers. Getting a master of the occult is not as very simple as flinging colored missiles from your fingertips. The black magic of Stygian is potent but may possibly expense you your thoughts, your overall health, and possibly even a lot more.
- Strategic, turn-primarily based combat from a 2D point of view, related to the classic Heroes of May possibly and Magic games.
- The struggle in Stygian is not to save the planet, for that battle is lost currently. Pursue your personal objectives in these finish instances: salvation, vendetta, or probably one thing darker.