With the new updates to Apple’s OS for iPhone, iPad, Apple Television and Mac, PlayStation fans can use a DualShock four wireless controller to play their preferred PS4 games on an iPad, iPhone or Mac by means of the PS4 Remote Play app*, and/or delight in hundreds of controller-supported games on your Apple device.
In light of the news, we pulled with each other this list of Regularly Asked Concerns to support you recognize how you can take benefit of the controller’s capabilities with your Apple device.
If you have any concerns that are not answered right here, please leave them in the comments beneath and we’ll attempt and address them in a future update!
Q. What operating program do I will need to use to play games on my Apple device applying my DualShock four wireless controller?
A. The DualShock four wireless controller can be paired with your Apple device when updated to the following operating systems:
- iOS 13
- iPad OS
- macOS Catalina** (launching in October)
- television OS 13
**Apple devices with macOS Higher Sierra or macOS Mojave operating systems will continue to be capable to connect their devices to DualShock four by applying a USB cable or a DualShock four USB wireless adaptor (sold separately) for PS4 Remote Play.
Q. What games can I play with my DualShock four wireless controller on Apple devices?
A. There are two principal techniques to play games with your DualShock four wireless controller on Apple devices:
- Stream compatible PS4 games straight to your iPad, iPhone or Mac by means of the PS4 Remote Play app*.
- Play hundreds of games with MFi controller help, which includes titles coming to the new Apple Arcade subscription service***, on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Television and Mac devices.
Q. What is the PlayStation four Remote Play app?
A. The PS4 Remote Play app permits PlayStation fans to stream games from and/or operate a PlayStation four by means of a wireless connection on a Computer, Mac or Apple device. This suggests:
- Displaying the PS4 screen on your mobile device
- Utilizing the on-screen controller and/or the DS4 on your mobile device to manage your PS4
- Selecting up a paused game and/or beginning to play a new one particular from the PS4 property screen
- Joining voice chats applying the mic on your mobile device
Q. Exactly where can I get the Remote Play app?
A. If you have not currently installed the PS4 Remote Play app on your Apple device, you can download it from the Apple Retailer right here for iOS, and right here for macOS.
Q. What is necessary for PS4 Remote Play on Apple devices?
A. *Remote Play demands Remote Play App connected to Wi-Fi, compatible game, PS4 program with application version six.five or greater, iPhone 7, iPad six, or second-generation iPad with iOS 12.1 or greater installed, and higher-speed web connection. A PS4 program with a wired connection by means of a LAN cable is also suggested.
Q. Do I will need a PSN ID to use the Remote Play app?
Q. How do I pair my DualShock four wireless controller with my Apple device?
A. If you are applying a controller with your Apple device for the initial time, you will will need to stick to the measures beneath to pair them with each other applying Bluetooth:
- Make confident the light bar on the controller is off. If the light bar is on, press the PS button till it turns off. If a USB cable is connected to the controller, disconnect it.
- Though pressing and holding the Share button, press and hold the PS button till the light bar flashes.
- Allow Bluetooth on your device, and then choose the controller from the list of Bluetooth devices. When pairing is full, the light bar turns a strong colour.
Q. Are all DualShock four wireless controller characteristics obtainable on my Apple devices?
A. Based on the Apple device, there could be some controller characteristics that are not supported. These contain: touch pad, vibration function, motion sensor, and the headphone jack for audio pass by means of.
Also, Apple customers will nevertheless will need to use your Apple device’s on-screen touch controls to access the PS, Share, and Possibilities buttons when playing games by means of the PS4 Remote Play app on some devices.
Head more than to PlayStation.com to uncover out a lot more about pairing your wireless controller with Apple devices, and do not overlook to let us know of any other concerns you may well have in the comments section beneath.