With the new updates to Apple’s OS for iPhone, iPad, Apple Television and Mac, PlayStation fans can use a DualShock four wireless controller to play their favourite PS4 games on an iPad, iPhone or Mac by means of the PS4 Remote Play app*, and/or appreciate hundreds of controller-supported games on your Apple device.
In light of the news, we pulled collectively this list of Regularly Asked Inquiries to support you realize how you can take benefit of the controller’s capabilities with your Apple device.
If you have any inquiries that are not answered right here, please leave them in the comments under and we’ll attempt and address them in a future update!
Q. What operating technique do I want to use to play games on my Apple device making use of my DualShock four wireless controller?
A. The DualShock four wireless controller can be paired with your Apple device when updated to the following operating systems:
- iOS 13
- iPad OS
- macOS Catalina** (launching in October)
- television OS 13
**Apple devices with macOS Higher Sierra or macOS Mojave operating systems will continue to be in a position to connect their devices to DualShock four by making use of a USB cable or a DualShock four USB wireless adaptor (sold separately) for PS4 Remote Play.
Q. What games can I play with my DualShock four wireless controller on Apple devices?
A. There are two most important strategies to play games with your DualShock four wireless controller on Apple devices:
- Stream compatible PS4 games straight to your iPad, iPhone or Mac via the PS4 Remote Play app*.
- Play hundreds of games with MFi controller assistance, which includes titles coming to the new Apple Arcade subscription service***, on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Television and Mac devices.
Q. What is the PlayStation four Remote Play app?
A. The PS4 Remote Play app makes it possible for PlayStation fans to stream games from and/or operate a PlayStation four by means of a wireless connection on a Computer, Mac or Apple device. This suggests:
- Displaying the PS4 screen on your mobile device
- Making use of the on-screen controller and/or the DS4 on your mobile device to handle your PS4
- Choosing up a paused game and/or beginning to play a new 1 from the PS4 residence screen
- Joining voice chats making use of the mic on your mobile device
Q. Exactly where can I get the Remote Play app?
A. If you have not currently installed the PS4 Remote Play app on your Apple device, you can download it from the Apple Shop right here for iOS, and right here for macOS.
Q. What is expected for PS4 Remote Play on Apple devices?
A. *Remote Play calls for Remote Play App connected to Wi-Fi, compatible game, PS4 technique with computer software version six.five or larger, iPhone 7, iPad six, or second-generation iPad with iOS 12.1 or larger installed, and higher-speed online connection. A PS4 technique with a wired connection by means of a LAN cable is also suggested.
Q. Do I want a PSN ID to use the Remote Play app?
Q. How do I pair my DualShock four wireless controller with my Apple device?
A. If you are making use of a controller with your Apple device for the 1st time, you will want to comply with the measures under to pair them collectively making use of Bluetooth:
- Make positive the light bar on the controller is off. If the light bar is on, press the PS button till it turns off. If a USB cable is connected to the controller, disconnect it.
- Though pressing and holding the Share button, press and hold the PS button till the light bar flashes.
- Allow Bluetooth on your device, and then pick the controller from the list of Bluetooth devices. When pairing is total, the light bar turns a strong colour.
Q. Are all DualShock four wireless controller characteristics out there on my Apple devices?
A. Based on the Apple device, there might be some controller characteristics that are not supported. These involve: touch pad, vibration function, motion sensor, and the headphone jack for audio pass via.
On top of that, Apple customers will nonetheless want to use your Apple device’s on-screen touch controls to access the PS, Share, and Possibilities buttons when playing games by means of the PS4 Remote Play app on some devices.
Head more than to PlayStation.com to obtain out much more about pairing your wireless controller with Apple devices, and do not overlook to let us know of any other inquiries you may well have in the comments section under.