Taking a break to go on A Quick Hike turned out to be a rather gorgeous encounter, one particular that has permitted me to sit back and appreciate the calmer side of life for a moment.
Released on itch.io and Steam at the finish of final month, it was previously a Humble Original that was updated with some small additional bits. Due to the fact I often attempt to go back and essentially play games we from time to time only do a quick news tip on, A Quick Hike was higher up on my list to make some time for. I am incredibly glad I did.
- Discover the island any way you like. Pick out your personal path to adhere to and see exactly where it leads you. You under no circumstances know what you may possibly stumble into!
- Hike at your personal pace — there’s no have to have to rush to the summit! Take your time fishing along the river banks or swimming by the lakeshore.
- Gather hidden treasures to attain new heights. Attempt taking a dive off the mountain peaks to soar above the forests.
- Chat with the other hikers you meet along your route. You may possibly be in a position to assistance every single other out!
- Listen to a lush original soundtrack by Mark Sparling that progresses dynamically as you discover the wilderness.
If you make a decision to choose it up and have a Steam Controller, be certain to set the ideal pad to Joystick Camera as the default does not hold your thumb position. Other than that, it was a beautiful encounter general.
My favourite element of it has to be that you are in a position to glide about from a height, I consider I ought to have spent an hour just performing that to discover other small places and take it all in. Often it really is just the very simple factors ideal? Specifically as soon as you get some golden feathers, enabling you to attain new heights. It is one more instance of a very simple thought accomplished so incredibly properly.
Gorgeous atmosphere and pacing as well, a game that permits you to go at your personal pace and discover at your leisure. The funny point is, I spent two hours exploring just before I even decided to essentially do the initial trek that is pointed out, there is just so a lot to see and discover.
I got lost a lot, I will admit that. On the other hand, losing your bearings right here is fairly rewarding. There is a lot of small factors to discover, some secrets as well for the truly keen eye. Probably one more golden feather to allow you to attain even higher heights, or a person new you missed just before who has a small job for you.
The conversations you can have produced me chuckle quite a few instances as well, like the seriously intense climber who was adamant it wasn’t just the two of them. An additional is how you are asked if you like rumours, to which you reply “I dabble”. The conversations are quick, sweet and under no circumstances boring.
Have to have a break? Grab a Tea or Coffee and go on A Quick Hike. Following playing it, I really feel like I have to have to take a day off and go camping and have a right discover of my personal.
A Quick Hike is accessible on itch.io and Steam.
Hat tip to contributor flesk for my copy.