Shabs right here, Game Director on Firewall Zero Hour*, the 4v4 tactical multiplayer shooter, exclusive to PS VR.
We’re definitely pumped to be celebrating the 1 year anniversary of Firewall Zero Hour’s launch. And what a year it is been!
More than the course of a year, we’ve released a quantity of updates to the game — at occasions straight influenced by the amazing feedback we’ve received from our players! Our awesome neighborhood continues to develop stronger than ever, and we’re grateful for the recognition Firewall Zero Hour receives — such as getting named the VR Game of the Year (2018) by UploadVR, and named a finalist for the VR Game of the Year Award (2019) by AIXR’s VR Awards.
Coming up on a year of playing Firewall Zero Hour, we also have some exciting information stats from the neighborhood to share with you. As of eight/13/19:
- You have played more than four,28,896 total hours!
- You have eliminated more than 26,833,576 enemies!
- Your prime 3 selected Contractors are Texas, Red, and Skip!
- Your prime 3 selected maps are Compound, District, and Hotel!
- Your prime 3 selected weapons are Taylor X-75, Spitfire, and Taylor X-75 CQB!
In honor of all of these milestones, we’re excited to be placing collectively an Extended Absolutely free Trial for active PS Plus members, August 28th – September 2nd!
In the course of this six-day Absolutely free Trial, players can squad up and dive straight into battle—testing out the most current maps, weapons, and gear. Due to the fact launching 1 year ago, we’ve added four a lot more maps to the game (Containment, Hangar, F.O.B., Newsroom), plus new Contractors, weapons, and tons of customizations like camo skins, face paints, and trinkets. Players will get to attempt out the new free of charge missions from our most current season which launched August 13th, Operation: Dark Internet, and earn free of charge cosmetic rewards. There will also be a Double XP occasion taking place concurrently through the six days–so players can level up even more quickly in-game.
It is really the ideal time for new players to hop in and attempt out Firewall Zero Hour! To get you in gear for the Extended Absolutely free Trial, we’re also bringing you a list of ten favored techniques made use of by the Firewall Zero Hour neighborhood. Study up prior to you squad up!
- 1st time stepping into the game? Attempt out the Tutorial, then attempt out Solo Coaching for a handful of distinctive maps. In Solo Coaching you will go up against AI, and get a really feel for what it is like to be an Attacker or Defender. You can also experiment with distinctive loadouts and their weaponry (Assault, CQB, Help). After you get the hang of distinctive game mechanics, you are prepared to attempt out Public Coaching, exactly where you and your teammates will play co-op against AI and discover the worth of teamwork by communication. Attempt out distinctive Contractors in this mode and see how their Major abilities play out.
- Now you are prepared for the heart of the gameplay — Public Contracts! In this mode, teams of 4v4 go head-to-head, and the stage is set for unpredictable outcomes. You will encounter what it is like to play as each an Attacker and a Defender, as your part switches just after every single round. Strategize collectively in the lobby and all through the match. Who’s staying collectively? Who’s going to flank? Vocal communication with your teammates is critical to your achievement.
- Experiment with distinctive loadouts, based on irrespective of whether you are on the Attacking group or the Defending group. The Help loadout is a good decision for new players, as you get access to the Revive Pistol appropriate away. The Help loadout also comes with a Signal Modifier, which is a good tool if you are a Defender. When you spot a Signal Modifier close to the laptop, Attackers have to locate and destroy that Signal Modifier prior to they can hack the laptop.
- There’s a new loadout this season named the Operation loadout. It is an amazing alternative for these wanting to attempt out some of the most current gear in Firewall Zero Hour. The Operation loadout comes with the Raptor as principal weapon, the Sarge as secondary weapon, the C4 as lethal gear, and the Motion Sensor as tactical gear.
- The Motion Sensor is Firewall Zero Hour’s most current piece of gear, as of Operation: Dark Web’s launch. You will be certain to encounter players applying it, and you can test it out oneself with the Operation loadout. When a Motion Sensor is placed, a radius is engaged that can detect enemies. If an enemy enters this radius, their enemy outline will turn red and can be observed by the player who placed the Motion Sensor. Teammates of this player will acquire a red-dot marker on their wrist tablets, but appropriate communication is nevertheless quite crucial amongst the player who areas a Motion Sensor and his/her teammates!
- Speaking of Motion Sensors — you could possibly be questioning what’s a superior counter to an enemy who areas a Motion Sensor. Verify out the Ninja Ability, Contractor Meiko’s Major Ability. This Ability offers you lowered movement noise, as effectively as renders you undetectable to a Motion Sensor.
- The Operation: Dark Internet season kicked off with a new Contractor, Kane**, whom you could possibly see in a lot of your matches. It is superior to be conscious of Kane’s Major Ability of Blade, which permits up to three knives to be thrown applying the melee button. How can you, as a player, counter against this sort of attack? Equip your Contractor with the Secondary Ability of Rhino Skin, which lets you take much less harm from knife attacks.
- All about the maps! Firewall Zero Hour now has thirteen distinctive maps, set in diverse areas all through the planet. Take note of specific regions in maps that can seriously function to your benefit, or detriment. With good threat, comes good reward…but also…risk! The catwalk in Shoothouse, the ditch in District, and the skybridge in Hangar are all notable spots exactly where each exclusive attacks and unsafe chokepoints can occur.
- Some maps are on the bigger side (Docks, Warehouse, District, Hangar, F.O.B., Newsroom) so be certain to maintain that in thoughts when strategizing what could possibly function ideal for them — such as equipping Expertise like Double Time (Diaz’s Major Skill–faster movement speed) and equipping extended-variety weapons, like the Kruger.
- In the course of the Extended Absolutely free Trial, you will be capable to total a selection of Operation: Dark Internet missions and earn free of charge rewards–and you will maintain all your progress if you determine to get the game. Some of the free of charge rewards through the Operation: Dark Internet season include things like weapons, camo, trinkets, and face paints. Numerous missions will call for you to total a activity (or numerous) in a certain map, or by applying a certain Ability or weapon–giving you an array of intriguing missions to total. As a fast reminder: Firewall Zero Hour will quickly welcome a different free of charge new map, Cargo, at the mid-season update September 17th!
Effectively there you have it, Contractors.
We’re excited to be welcoming even a lot more of you into the fray!
And we’re more than-the-moon to be celebrating 1 year of exciting with you in wildly unpredictable multiplayer matches, across realistic maps, and with a player base that now spans more than 150 distinctive countries…all on PS VR!
For these of you who have been with us given that day 1 — we thank you once again for staying on this wild ride with us, 1 year on.
Let’s squad up, and I’ll see you on the net, Contractor!
*An web connection is essential for all modes of Firewall Zero Hour, which includes Single Player Coaching Mode. An active PS Plus membership is essential for Multiplayer Coaching and Multiplayer Contract modes.
**Firewall Zero Hour – Dark Internet Op Pass essential to unlock contractor Kane.
PlayStation®4 program, PlayStation®VR and PlayStation®Camera are essential to encounter VR functionality.