With each new month, comes far more indie announcements, and August 2019 is no various. From well known phenomenons like Superhot to Hotline Miami to Ori and the Blind Forest now coming to Nintendo Switch, there truly is no shortage of possibilities. What went from a boring, non-inspiring Monday, became a reverie for owners of Nintendo’s most up-to-date hardware.
REDMOND, Wash., Aug. 19, 2019 – In a new-appear Indie Planet presentation livestreamed globally now, Nintendo highlighted an thrilling choice of independent games that are coming to the Nintendo Switch system quickly, thanks to the passionate efforts of indie developers about the globe who have located a residence with Nintendo.
The revolutionary very first-individual shooter SUPERHOT and Hotline Miami Collection, which options each games from the higher-octane Hotline Miami series, are offered to acquire on Nintendo eShop now. The on line* multiplayer roguelike Threat of Rain two, from Gearbox Publishing, was revealed as coming to Nintendo Switch this summer season, when tactic- and mythology-inspired Northguard from Shiro Games, and pinball-inspired dungeon crawler Creature in the Properly from Flight College Studio, are offered now for pre-acquire. In addition, the critically acclaimed action-platformer Ori and the Blind Forestwill be coming to Nintendo Switch on Sept. 27 as Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition.
“Since the system’s launch in 2017, Nintendo Switch has develop into a go-to platform for indie developers,” stated Kirk Scott, Nintendo of America’s Indie Companion Manager of Publisher and Developer Relations. “With the diverse lineup of upcoming indie content material showcased now, Nintendo Switch owners can appear forward to expanding their digital libraries even additional with a range of good quality indie games to play at residence or on the go.”
A complete list of games featured in today’s Indie Planet video contain:
- Discover the mysterious and gorgeous forest of Nibel in the visually gorgeous action-platformer Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition, created by Moon Studios and published by Xbox Game Studios. Winner of many prestigious awards, the game tells the tale of a young orphan destined for heroics, and options hand-painted artwork, meticulously animated character performances and a completely orchestrated score. The Definitive Edition is scheduled to launch on Nintendo Switch on Sept. 27, and will also contain quite a few new options.
- Hotline Miami Collection options each games in the neon-soaked, brutally challenging Hotline Miami series, created by Dennaton Games and published by Devolver Digital. Mixing challenging-boiled gunplay and skull-crushing close combat with a grippingly surreal and mysterious storyline, this heavy-hitting two-pack of violent best-down action is offered now on Nintendo Switch.
- Blurring the lines involving cautious tactic and unbridled mayhem, SUPERHOT from SUPERHOT Group is an revolutionary and fashionable very first-individual shooter in which time only moves when the player moves. With no regenerating overall health bars or conveniently placed ammo drops, players will have to shoot, slice and maneuver their way by means of a hurricane of slow-motion bullets. SUPERHOT is offered now for Nintendo Switch.
- Threat of Rain two, created by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing, is the sequel to classic multiplayer roguelike Threat of Rain, adding an added dimension and far more difficult action. Players can take on the game solo, or group up with close friends to fight their way by means of hordes of monsters, unlock new loot and discover a way to escape the planet. Threat of Rain two launches for Nintendo Switch this summer season.
- Torchlight II, created by Panic Button/Runic Games and published by Ideal Planet Entertainment, is an award-winning action RPG launching quickly for Nintendo Switch. The game provides solo adventuring or on line* multiplayer for up to 4 players, with a large globe to discover complete of bloodthirsty monsters, bountiful treasures and sinister secrets. The Nintendo Switch version incorporates an exclusive in-game pet in the type of a chubby pink unicorn.
- Find out a beautifully detailed post-apocalyptic globe in Eastward, an adventure game with RPG components from developers Pixpil and publishers Chucklefish. In a close to-future society on the brink of collapse, a hardworking miner referred to as John discovers a young girl named Sam in a secret underground facility. This unlikely pair will embark on an emotional journey across a wonderfully weird globe, exploring bustling towns, curious campsites and shady forests. Eastward is scheduled to arrive on Nintendo Switch in early 2020.
- Freedom Finger from Wide Suitable Interactive is a music-driven, side-scrolling shooter that sends players blasting, punching and smashing their way across 37 levels of crazy cartoon action. Shoot ’em up, punch ’em and smash ’em up when Freedom Finger launches completely uncensored for Nintendo Switch on Sept. 27.
- Make the trip you often wanted in action-adventure game The Tourystfrom Shin’en. Players will have the likelihood to learn exotic islands, discover ancient monuments, climb into deep mines and uncover secret passageways. The Touryst is set to launch for Nintendo Switch in November.
- Skellboy, from developers Umaiki Games and publishers Fabraz, is an action-RPG in which players can swap out not only their weapons and gear, but their physique components as well! As an accidentally resurrected hero from ancient instances, players will set out on an epic journey across a vibrant fantasy globe, set to a background of rocking chiptune tracks. Skellboy hacks and slashes its way onto Nintendo Switch on Dec. three.
- Created by Polygon Treehouse and published by United Label, Röki is an adventure game inspired by Scandinavian folklore – a dark modern fairy tale underpinned by a touching narrative, alluring art style, ancient puzzles and atmospheric exploration. With its nonviolent gameplay, approachable controls and universal themes, Rökiis coming to Nintendo Switch this winter.
- Created and published by frecle, Youropa is a gravity-defying puzzle-platform paint adventure about breaking guidelines, becoming upside down and considering outdoors the box. With physical puzzles, riddles, ferocious enemies, environmental hazards and far more, Youropa is a thoughts-bending adventure that will challenge players’ perception of the third dimension. Youropa will come to Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- EarthNight from Cleaversoft is a beautifully hand-illustrated 2D platformer about the dragon apocalypse, and a adore letter to classic arcade games. Humans have been exiled to space, dragons have taken more than the Earth and it is up to a 14-year-old schoolkid and a freelance photographer to quit them. EarthNight launches on Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- Dungeon Defenders: Awakened from Chromatic Games is the newest installment in the popular Dungeon Defenders franchise. The gameplay of Dungeon Defenders: Awakened is the ultimate mixture of action-RPG and strategic tower defense, exactly where players can pick out from 4 exclusive heroes and join forces with close friends in up to 4-player split-screen** cooperative gameplay. Dungeon Defenders: Awakened launches as a timed console exclusive for Nintendo Switch in February 2020.
- From Uncomplicated Day Studios Pty Ltd, Skater XL is the subsequent evolution in skateboarding video games that brings the exciting, creativity and culture of skateboarding to the digital globe. Made by a group of passionate skateboarders, Skater XL allows players to add style and expression to their tricks without the need of the limits of pre-created animations. Skater XL comes to Nintendo Switch in 2020.
Players can appear forward to even far more good indie games coming to Nintendo Switch in the close to future, like:
Supply: Nintendo PR