Developer Occasion Horizon has my consideration, with the announcement of their brand new non-linear RPG named Dark Envoy.
Dark Envoy is a non-linear RPG inspired by the likes of the Divinity series, XCOM, FTL, Mass Impact, and Dragon Age to offer you free of charge planet exploration with an emphasis on tactical combat layered with lore and approach. A continuation of Occasion Horizon’s try, which started with the studio’s debut title Tower of Time, to shatter lengthy-standing RPG tropes and to build some thing one of a kind in the procedure.
They have an announcement trailer up, which does not show any actual game-play but it offers us an concept about the setting. Due to the fact higher-good quality RPG experiences are not precisely that prevalent on Linux, it is a small fascinating:
As soon as they really have a suitable gameplay trailer up, we will be certain to let you know. If that is not sufficient for you, we also have some in-game screenshots to share (click to enlarge):
Now you have had a very good appear at what to count on, get a appear at the attributes they are organizing to unleash on us:
- Non-linear RPG with turn-primarily based combat accompanied by a true time pre-combat phase exactly where techniques and celebration energy are equally significant.
- Player options influence the planet: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to numerous endings reflecting the characters’ personalities and choices.
- Co-written by Michael Chatfield, an Amazon Major 100 Science Fiction / Fantasy writer (specializing in litRPG genre).
- 15 one of a kind character classes to find out – with the capacity to mix ability trees – like some uncommon classes which can only be located in remote places or by means of chained quests.
- New RPG program, advertising experimentation and requiring frequent adaptation to the new challenges.
- Can be played solo, two player co-op, as nicely as a one of a kind mode named Player vs Planet exactly where Player two acts as the final boss searching for to destroy Player 1 ahead of he/she becomes as well potent.
- Higher-replayability element due to huge pool of quests, nearby, and planet events. 1 can’t uncover all of the content material in a single playthrough.
When asking about their plans for Linux help on the Steam forum, I will admit their reply was a surprise. A incredibly good surprise in truth, here’s what they stated:
We spent a considerable work to make Tower of Time run nicely on Linux – so now, becoming extra knowledgeable with it, we also strategy to release on Linux at the exact same time as Computer launch.
Superb news! Their options of inspiration for the game are some incredibly common titles, so hopefully they will reside up to it in their personal way. I like the sound of it, the graphics appear very good as well. Offered how intriguing Tower of Time was, I am incredibly curious to see what extra Occasion Horizon truly has in retailer for us when it releases sometime subsequent year.
You can wishlist/adhere to it on Steam. Just make certain you have set your platform preferences properly, to show as a Linux wishlist.
Hat tip to Cláudio in our Telegram for the initial note.