The Honor 20 series premiere could not have had a worse timing – the phones went official just as the Trump administration in the US imposed a ban on US-primarily based firms from operating with Huawei – Honor’s parent organization. This cast a severe shadow on the future of these phones even just before they had been released so their launch was naturally delayed.
The imposed restrictions did not interfere with the release of the Honor 20 as considerably as they did the Honor 20 Pro so the former is currently on sale. And regardless of how the US ban circumstance pans out, the Honor 20 will retain finding safety updates and access to the Google Play solutions.
For the initial time ever Honor broke their pattern and announced not one particular but two flagships – the Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro. They differ not by screen or chipset, but by their camera and storage configurations. The Honor 20 loses the telephoto camera and comes with half the Pro’s storage and much less RAM. That is quite considerably it. Oh and it gets a good discount along the way.
But let’s start out from the starting as not everybody is familiar with the Honor 20 Pro.
The Honor 20, just like the Pro, has this so-known as Dynamic Holographic signature design and style and no matter the colour alternative – it really is really stunningly seeking. Honor hasn’t spared sources on the appears, and nor did on supplies – the Honor 20 is a dual-glass smartphone with an aluminum frame.
The Honor 20 specs are worthy of a flagship – there is a six.26″ IPS LCD screen with a little hole for the selfie camera, the most up-to-date Kirin 980 chipset with 6GB of RAM, and a quartet of cameras on the back – 48MP most important one particular, a 16MP for ultra-wide shots, a 2MP macro shooter, and a 2MP depth sensor. There is no OIS on either of these, even though.
And just like the Honor 20 Pro, the Honor 20 has its fingerprint scanner mounted on the suitable side, which is uncommon for the brand but it really is not one thing unseen.
Honor 20 specs
- Physique: 154.six x 74 x eight.44 mm, 182 grams, glass front and back, metal side frame.
- Screen: six.26″ All-view IPS LCD, 1080 x 2340px resolution 412 ppi.
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 980 CPU (2×2.six GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.eight GHz Cortex-A55) Mali-G76 MP10.
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 128GB constructed-in storage.
- OS: Magic two.1 UI primarily based on Android 9. Pie.
- Rear camera: Key: 48MP, f/1.four, PDAF, EIS, AIS Ultra-wide: 16MP, f/two.two, 117° FOV, no AF Macro: 2MP, f/two.four, 4cm fixed concentrate LED flash Depth sensor: 2MP, f/two.four [email protected] video recording with all cameras except for the macro.
- Front camera: 32MP, f/two. [email protected] video recording.
- Battery: three,750 mAh, 22.5W SuperCharge quick charging.
- Misc: IR blaster, NFC, side-mounted fingerprint reader, punch-hole camera design and style, Virtual 9.1 Surround Sound (with headphones only), Dynamic Holographic back design and style coming in Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue, Icelandic White
A handful of items are missing on the Honor 20 spec sheet – an audio jack, a memory expansion slot, and if we have to be specifically picky – dust and liquids ingress protection. But thinking about the somewhat very affordable price tag tag, we’d forgive the lack of water resistance.
The Honor 20 largest concern was the lack of Google certification for Android OS. Properly, the matter is now resolved, and Honor 20 has complete access to the Play Retailer, runs on Android Pie and will have no challenges with future updates. Certainly, the harm is currently performed, and Honor has possibly to answer this to every single single prospective buyer, and that is why we are also saying that in advance, just in case.
Unboxing the Honor 20
Getting an very affordable flagship, the Honor 20 retail bundle is rather modest. Inside the paper box you will discover a 22.5W-rated charger and a USB-C cable that is necessary for the Super Charge to operate.
The Honor 20 omits a three.5mm jack, but there is a USB-to-three.5mm adapter in the box.
There is no protective case supplied for the European marketplace, even though we can not say this is the case for all other regions. There is a thin screen protector that is applied on every single telephone in the factory even though, and our Honor 20 did come with one particular, also.