Generally crowdfunding campaigns for enjoyable trying video games slip previous me, such is the case with XO. It is a strategic fleet defence sport mixing real-time with pause, with retro visuals and it appears to be like fairly good.
It was funded on Kickstarter manner again in August of 2015, I am shocked I missed this one contemplating my love of house battles.
Jumpdrive Studios are planning Linux help, as may be very clear from the Kickstarter web page. You may see their brand-new teaser beneath:
From the newest replace on Kickstarter, it seems like growth has been going properly, it additionally sounds prefer it’s stuffed with thrilling occasions that may occur. They’ve set the present Alpha launch date for July 31st, 2019 (a day after my 31st birthday—ooh!), with late-backing attainable on their official web site which reveals Linux help for DRM-free and Steam, though if you’d like Alpha entry it is fairly costly.
- Emerge from jumpspace close to a planet the place you’ll start rescuing survivors, scouting forward, and defending in opposition to ever-stronger waves of enemies till you choose it’s time to evacuate the fleet.
- Navigate treacherous political eventualities in a time of upheaval because the battle brings out one of the best and worst in individuals.
- Select the subsequent planet to leap to based mostly on restricted intel, bearing in mind the assets you want, reported enemy energy, and refugees at every attainable vacation spot.
- Spin up the fleet’s soar drives and lead your ready ships to the subsequent planet.
- Assets are robotically gathered, however the ships in your fleet affect your gathering charges and capability — as do totally different planet varieties.
- Use your assets to improve ships, manufacture weapons, and make essential repairs.
- Hope you might have the appropriate ships and sufficient assets when the enemy lastly closes in.
It additionally only recently gained a Steam web page, so you’ll be able to comply with/wishlist it.