The night that Igavania fans have been waiting for since May of 2015 is finally upon us. 505 Games announced today that digital and retail pre-orders are now being accepted for Koji Igarashi’s side-scrolling RPG Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on pretty much every gaming system willing to take on its gothic horror action, including the Nintendo Switch. And as you’d expect, early buyers will be reward for their enthusiasm.
But first, let’s talk about the game.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is set in 18th century England – a paranormal force has summoned a demon-infested castle, revealing crystal shards infused with tremendous magical power. Players take on the role of Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes her body. To save humanity and herself, Miriam must fight through the castle while collecting, crafting and unlocking a vast array of weapons, equipment and loot to defeat the summoner Gebel and the countless minions and bosses of hell that await.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will feature:
- Vast and deep gameplay in which players will unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find their playstyle.
- A sprawling single-player story experience with alternate endings, as well as almost a dozen extra game modes that will be released as free updates, including online and local co-op and vs. modes, roguelike mode, boss rush, chaos mode, and a nightmare difficulty.
- High fidelity 2.5 graphics; the game is rendered in 3D detail on a 2D side-scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- Orchestral music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil).
- A game world map that is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
- Secret playable characters to discover.
Of course, you likely already knew all of that. What you didn’t know is that, for a limited time, pre-orders for the retail release of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night come packaged in an exclusive collectors Novobox futurepak. This package, however, is only available through Best Buy.
No matter how you buy it, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will be available on June 25th. For more information, visit playbloodstained.com.